Four Waters Engineering, Inc. (4Waters) is looking for a Civil CAD Technician to join our team in Jacksonville Beach. 4Waters is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering a wide range of environmental and civil engineering services for a variety of project types including water and wastewater treatment facilities, transmission and collection systems, and pump stations, as well as site, grading, paving, drainage systems, and more.
The Civil CAD Technician will work in a fast-paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using AutoCAD Civil 3D design package for various municipal, government, utility, and private clients. In this role the qualified individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete drafting and detailing tasks at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of engineering projects.
Successful Candidate will have the following:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D design package – knowledge of MicroStation a plus
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school preferred, High School diploma with equivalent experience and accreditation will be considered
- Knowledge of general drafting and GIS principles, concepts, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to follow AutoCAD drafting and plan preparation standards
- High level of attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
Primary responsibilities for this position are expected to include the following. The successful candidate is not expected to possess all of these abilities but must be capable of and willing to quickly learn to execute the following skills and activities:
- Work closely with multiple civil and environmental engineering professionals to provide engineering 2D and 3D drafting services for a variety of projects and disciplines
- Prepare complete and accurate engineering plans, profiles, sections, and details, for design, bid, construction, and as-built drawing sets
- Prepare design drawings from general instruction and/or preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematics
- Assist with development of 3D surfaces representing various engineering features
- Understand, implement, and maintain CAD standards
- Complete work within deadlines
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Additional Responsibilities may include the following:
- Understand and interpret design drawings, property plats, maps, and other related information
- Research information including survey data, aerial photographs, LIDAR data, environmental data, transportation information, and utility data
- Convert data in and out of a GIS database
Please send resume to info@4WEng.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.