Four Waters Engineering, Inc. (4Waters) is looking for a skilled, motivated Senior Project Engineer to join our growing Jacksonville Beach, Florida office. This is a senior-level design position involving all aspects of municipal design such as processing surveys, generating AutoCAD base plan and sheets, grading, drainage, stormwater management, water distribution and sewer collection, erosion control, SWPPP, and construction support services. We are looking for a trusted professionals who values honesty, integrity, respect, a strong work ethic, and superior client service. This position will provide engineering and administrative support for private infrastructure and public improvement projects.
- 8-12 years of experience in the consulting industry concentrating on municipal engineering;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university;
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Florida or ability to obtain within six months;
- Capable of leading junior engineers, designers, and drafters on water, sewer, and storm design assignments;
- Experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D software packages;
- Proactive mindset and ability to plan ahead to avoid easily foreseen issues;
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to successfully multi-task several assignments or deliverables;
- Ability to teach engineering concepts to less experienced staff, along with reviewing their work;
- Active membership in state, regional and national professional associations;
- Willingness to transform into a Project Management role with client interaction;
Position Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Generate and review construction documents (drawings, specifications, and bidding documents), along with providing bidding assistance (bid schedule, addendums, and bid analysis);
- Review engineering calculations for estimates, storm and sanitary sewer design, and stormwater management ponds and earthwork volumes;
- Interact with review agencies by phone, writing and in person to discuss project designs, approval process and permitting applications;
- Undertake analysis of reports, maps, drawings, hydrological characteristics, and other site features pertaining to projects;
- Assist Principals with project design, management, and inspections;
- Coordinate completion and execution of several engineering assignments simultaneously;
- Advance into a Project Management role within the company, including involvement with client meetings, presentations, and public review sessions;
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Principals.
At 4Waters, we are committed to a culture that helps our employees develop personally and professionally. When you work for 4Waters, your ideas matter, you're always learning, and you're in a position to have a positive effect on the community. We offer professional development, challenging work, competitive benefits, a team-oriented environment, and an escape from corporate culture.
Job Type: Full-time