Four Waters Engineering, Inc. (4Waters) is looking for a skilled, motivated Project Engineer to join our expanding Greenville, South Carolina office. This is a mid-level design position involving all aspects of municipal or site design such as processing surveys, generating AutoCAD base plan and sheets, grading, drainage, stormwater management, water distribution and sewer collection, erosion control, SWPPP, and construction support services. We are looking for a trusted professionals who values honesty, integrity, respect, a strong work ethic, and superior client service. This position will provide engineering and administrative support for private infrastructure and public improvement projects.
- 5-8 years of experience in the consulting industry concentrating in either municipal engineering or site development design;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineer from an ABET accredited university;
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) registration in South Carolina within six months;
- Experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D software packages;
- Proactive mindset and ability to plan ahead to avoid easily foreseen issues;
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to successfully multi-task several assignments or deliverables;
- Ability to grasp engineering concepts and apply them to technical challenges in a principally self-directed manner;
- Active membership in state, regional and national professional associations;
Position Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Generating construction documents (drawings, specifications, and bidding documents), along with providing bidding assistance (bid schedule, addendums, and bid analysis);
- Providing engineering calculations for estimates, storm and sanitary sewer design, and stormwater management ponds and earthwork volumes;
- Interact with review agencies by phone, writing and in person to discuss project designs, approval process and permitting applications;
- Undertake analysis of reports, maps, drawings, hydrological characteristics, and other site features pertaining to projects;
- Assist senior level engineers with project design, management, and inspections;
- Involvement with the completion and execution of several engineering assignments simultaneously;
- Assist in preparing client meetings materials, presentations and public review sessions;
- Ability to take guidance from senior staff and learn through on-the-job training to improved engineering ability;
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by senior staff.
At 4Waters, we are committed to a culture that helps our employees develop personally and professionally. When you work for 4Waters, your ideas matter, you're always learning, and you're in a position to have a positive effect on the community. We offer professional development, challenging work, competitive benefits, a team-oriented environment, and an escape from corporate culture.